Monday, July 20, 2009

Movie Review: Transformers 2

Optimus Prime, Leader of the Autobots

This movie was absolutely unreal. I will be the first to admit, I am a biased fan of Transformers. I loved them when I was a child and that rolled over on to my adulthood. I find the concept of it fascinating.

When I found out that Michael Bay was making the first Transformers a couple of years back I had mixed feelings about it, but I was more excited than not. I knew it would probably not have the best storyline on the planet, but it would be action packed... and that is what happened. Shia LeBouf is terrible, but if you want to rationalize it most people would have been just as annoying and dumb as him in the role, its just the way the part was written. Megan Fox being beautiful outshines his bad acting. I honestly feel that Transformers 1 was one of the best movies as far as action and CGI in a long time, it pushed movies to the next level.

Megan Fox in Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Which leads me to my review of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen. I walked into this movie wearing my Autobots t-shirt and was a giddy child all over again, I couldn't wait to see what the story held for Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sam and Michaela and all of the Autobots. Again, I expected it to be more action based than storyline based, but that is where I was wrong. It had plenty of explosions and amazing action, but there was storyline that made the movie as good as it was. There was a thick plot, which revealed many unknowns about the existance of the Transformers as well as developing new plots to what is happening in the now. There were many surprises, and many different emotions ran through me as the movie unfolded. Times where my jaw hit the floor, times where I was laughing my rear end off, and times where I was so shocked that I felt like I was going to cry.

This movie has gotten many many mixed reviews, however I felt that this movie was flat out incredible. The ONLY negative to this movie, was that it was long... just under three hours long... and it felt long. There are movies that are long but feel like they went by in an hour because you are so captivated by what is going on. However, even though this movie felt long, I wouldn't have cut any scenes out of the movie to make it better and shorter, it was simply great.

Go see this movie. 5 out of 5. I cannot wait to rush out to get it when it is released on Blu-Ray!

The next movie that I will most likely be reviewing will be Tim Burtons movie 9. Go check out the trailers on YouTube, it looks awesome.

-----

On a side note, I wrote 5 quick tips to help improve your UFC Undisputed 2009 game and submitted it to the Madden Bible (www.maddenbible.com) after writer ZFarls (ZFarls on twitter) made a podcast and a mini-article providing 10 tips to help your game. ZFarls then featured my tips on the front of their site... check it out! Madden Bible is a great site for Madden NFL Football tips, plays, and schemes to make you better at the game. Go there, and sign up for there forums. If you are looking to get better at Madden, you need to go to Madden Bible. There are also various other tips for other games, such as UFC Undisputed 2009, NHL 09, NCAA Football 2010, and more!


Follow me on Twitter!

Question? Comment? Do you want YOUR voice heard? Let me know! Tweet me @i3rian87 or send me an instant message on AIM at "I3rian 87"

No comments:

Post a Comment