Monday, June 1, 2009

X-Box's answer to the Wii (and more!)


It looks like XBox is getting in competition with the Wii for active video games, with this video(click on the "Featured Video" towards the bottom right). And if it works the way it is portrayed in this video, then it will be taking a hot steamy dump on the Wii. That skateboarding game could be amazing.

Speaking of Video Games, I've been playing UFC Undisputed 2009 for my PS3 pretty frequently over the past two weeks, and I'm finally ready to tell the world my two cents: Like most fighting games, its always better when you're playing another human, but in this game it is a million times better. The career mode is pretty cool, it takes about halfway through the career mode until you really can figure out how you're supposed to be playing the game, and then from there on out the game is awesome. Whats cool is that the UFC forces you to retired 'when your contract is up' but what really that means is that you have about 30 fights in your carrer, which is kind of cool because you cant just string out your career because most guys don't really fight past the 30 fight mark. It is fun to take the game online and fight other people, because this game allows people to have so many different styles of fighting, however there are some downsides to the online aspect of the game. Unlike EA Sports games, the online menus are terrible. You pretty much have to play a quick match and play a random opponent. If you're struggling at the game and looking to get better you can't seek out people with bad records and fight them and if you're really good and looking for good competition you can't seek out highly ranked players. The quick match tends to do a decent job in hooking you up with similar competition, but about every fourth fight is against someone who is either terrible or incredible. If the menus were better, then the whole online experience would be a hell of a lot better. Overall, I am enjoying this game, and am having a whole lot of fun knocking the snot out of people and then taking them to the ground to tap them out. Get this game if you're into fighting games.

And while I'm here... people are pissed at LeBron for not shaking the hands of the Orlando Magic after they lost. My initial thought? Whatever, he's pissed. They were the one seed, lost only a few games at home in the regular season, and lost in the playoffs to an overrated Magic team. I'd be mad if I was LeBron too... guy dropped over 30 points consistantly in the playoffs only to have his team fall apart around him, or as I like to say it, depend too much on him. Up until this afternoon I didn't really care too much, until SportsCenter did a mini segment on it and Barry Melrose made the following point: He shook hands with teams after his team won, he talked to the media after his team one, but he can't do these things after they lose? Be consistant. Sure the NBA isn't like the NHL where the end of playoff series handshake is a tradition, and it isn't like MLB where the winning team celebrates on the field while the losing team stays in their dugout and walks down to the locker room. One way or another, stay consistant with what you do, and LeBron did not do that. A player of his calaber and level is going to be judged upon these things, and he needs know that and get his act together. I'm not saying he should be shaking hands, or shouldn't be, but he needs to make up his mind and stick to it. One way or another, I'm happy the Cav's are not in the finals... I was rooting for the Nuggets and the Magic pretty much based on the fact that those Most Valuable Puppet commercials were made before the Finals even started, and because the NBA would be so upset based on the fact that the Finals ratings would drop as low as the NHL Finals. As far as who I'm rooting for in the NBA Finals... I wouldn't say I'm rooting for the Magic to win, I'm just rooting for the Lakers to not win... so I guess go Magic?

Follow me on Twitter!

Questions? Comments? Agree or Disagree? Get your comment or question on my blog by tweeting me or sending me an Instant Message on AIM at "i3rian 87"

No comments:

Post a Comment