Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One of my Favorite Parts of the NHL Playoffs

Well it is that time of the year again. The NHL Playoffs are starting up tomorrow. Anyone that you ask will tell you that I am not the biggest NHL fan on the planet, however I love my Boston Bruins and one of my most favorite traditions in all of sports: The Playoff Beard.

I think one of the reasons I am not so big into Hockey as i am into other sports is that I have never ever played an organized form of the sport. Growing up I played Little League Baseball, Pop Warner Football, Town Recreation Basketball, and I grew up skiing and later moved onto Snowboarding and even eventually dropped baseball (because I couldn't hit a curveball for the life of me) and picked up Lacrosse.

As mentioned before, I am not the biggest hockey fan on the planet, but I love rooting for and watching the Bruins. I can't really explain it, but I would never be able to watch two random teams play one another in a regular season NHL game, however I could watch random teams play one another during the playoffs. Playoff hockey is awesome, and the Playoff Beard is one of the pieces of that puzzle.

Nothing says 'Man' like a great beard, and by the time the Conference Championships roll(or should I say: glide) around there are approximately forty players on the ice and on the bench that have amazing beards. It is fantastic, and I love it.

In 24 hours the puck will drop on Game 1 of the Bruins vs. the Canadians, in which will be a emotional series due to the rival nature of the two teams. I for sure will be watching, sporting my B's t-shirt and having a couple brewskis, but one thing is for sure: I will be shaving very diligently tomorrow morning in preparation for my glorious own playoff beard. Hopefully it will last long into the playoffs...

Go Bruins!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment