Monday, April 27, 2009

Some Quick Hits

So according to a simulation done by TSN sports, the Boston Bruins are the winners of this years Stanley Cup. Kinda cool, at least to have EA Sports on our side, I guess. I don't really follow or track these kinds of things too closely, but they are kind of fun to look at considering I am a big time video game player.




While we're on the subject of Video Games, the EAFL is starting another season in Madden 2009 and I am currently in the E2 division of the EAFL which is a minor league. The EAFL is pretty much the Premier league for online Madden Gaming. It is a great league where it is freestyle game play (go for two if you want every time, drop 11 defenders into coverage every play if you want, etc.) which is great. There are some rules such as not being allowed to milk the clock and some other rules like that which keep it fun and are actually good rules, however for the most part its pretty much "lets just pick up the sticks and play." Last season I sneaked into the playoffs with the Browns with a 7-9 record and the previous season I had done the same with the Jaguars. This season I am going to battle with the Arizona Cardinals and am looking forward to being able to toss the ball to Larry, Anquain, and Steve. I will be posting some results from my season along with my statistics (as in the league you are required to keep statistics, only I love stats and keep more stats than the normal person.) Last season with Brady Quinn I threw for around 2,700 yards, however my TD:INT was something close to 17:25. My goal for this season is to throw with a 3:1 TD:INT ratio, if I can do that I can see myself making some noise, otherwise it could be another 7-9 season where I pray I make the post season.


Oh, I forgot to mention: The Red Sox are on a 10 game winning streak of which they just swept the New York Yankees. Thank God, because they were awful at the beginning of the season. I know there are about 130 some odd games left this season, however it is nice to be doing well. Thankfully David Ortiz is coming back around and finally Jacoby Ellsbury is getting on base and oh yeah, he straight up stole home.

And for your veiwing pleasure(yes, this is a real story):

No comments:

Post a Comment