Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Patriots Draft and More...

Here are some thoughts about the Patriots draft a couple days after the fact:

  • I'm excited for Patrick Chung. He will be the type of player that will bare down and bring his lunch pail every day. It may take him a year or two, but I see him being the next Rodney Harrison.
  • I'm very happy about Darius Butler as well. The kid is just a pure athlete. He played both ways in college. Sure probably about 10 plays per game at most on offense, however he is just a pure athlete which I love. He has crazy hops too.
  • Brandon Tate from UNC is a great pick. Sure he was injured his senior season and only played 6 games. And yeah he has been found to be a bit of a headcase. But Bill Belicheck has consistantly brought in headcases to New England and straightend them out(see: Harrison, Rodney; Dillon, Corey; Moss, Randy). I think this kid could eventually take over the 3rd WR spot for the Patriots. We need someone other than Sam Aiken out there.
  • Bye bye Ellis Hobbs. I'll take two future picks for him any day. If you talk to anyone that knows me they will probably tell you that too. Yeah, hes actually not half bad and he is a great kick returner, but he bugs me. He gets burned a lot, and the rare time he doesn't and he tips a ball away he celebrates like he just discovered gold. A lot of that is the NFL's fault, as they don't allow excessive celebration for offensive players, but not defensive. I don't get it. And knowing the genius that is Belicheck, he will find a way to trade those two picks for something great, like two second rounders for a first rounder next year?
Overall I think the Patriots came out of the draft very strong.


Congrats to Randy Moss for his first win with Randy Moss Motorsports


And guys, high school is over. Sure, I'd love to strap the hat on for one more game of glory but really? You're 30 some odd years old, stop trying to pretend you're still the stud you thought you once were.

No comments:

Post a Comment