Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day for the Ages

Big Baby. What more can I say really? The Celtics this post-season needed people to step up in the place of Kevin Garnett, and they have. Rondo is playing out of his mind, Big Baby is hitting big shots and making key plays, even Scal is getting in on the action and making big plays. Great TEAM victory for the Celtics last night. It looks like all you have to do to take the Magic out of their rythem is to make Dwight Howard actually take jumpshots, of which he is incapable of doing. It is kind of amazing how good someone can be in that level of basketball, and still not be able to hit jumpshots. Layups and dunking is all hes capable of doing offensively. And with Big Baby being able to hit thrilling shots like he did to win game four last night, Howard has to play outside of the paint, making the lane open for the Celtics taking.

Also, Big Baby, props for pushing over little kids... amazing haha.










On to the Bruins. Thank god they decided to show a little passion and actually play a solid 60 minutes of puck last night. Not really too much to mention here other than the fact that its looking like even though the Hurricanes have a 3-2 lead going back to Carolina that they are losing their heads. Like Jussi Jokinen slashing the achilles of Chara last night while the puck was already out of the zone and the refs clearly were not paying attention and the schenanigans that went on to Aaron Ward at the very end of the game. Honestly, I didn't even see what happened to Ward because that game was in the books and I changed over to the C's game. Great W for the Bruins, and hopefully we see the NHL take action on some of this crap that the 'canes are doing.


And last but not least, the Sox. Big W. Sure it was pretty much kind of another game, but the Ray's have had our number as of late and quite frankly it was a big win. Any division win is big when you play in the toughest division in baseball like the Sox do. But moving beyond, my question to the people is why are so many people concerned that Papi hasn't hit any home runs this season? Yeah, I'd obviously like it if he had too, however hes hitting. I'll take hits in any form, and just getting on base for now is working. He scored the game winning run last night by hitting a double in the bottom of the 8th and having Jason Bay hit a double of his own in the next at bat and knocking Papi across. The home runs will come, lets just be happy that hes getting on base. And speaking of Jason Bay, why haven't we re-signed him? Left and right, he is making big plays for the Sox this year and people arn't really talking too much about him. I don't get it, this is the guy who replaced Manny in left and he is doing just as good, if not better, and people don't seem to grateful. John Henry, stop writing e-mails to girls 30 years younger about how you love them and please show Mr. Bay some green.

Also, when was the last time Papelbon has had a dominating performance? I may be alone on this one, but he is starting to scare me on the mound. He is still one of the best, however Cinco Ocho has not dominated like he once has, maybe he just needs to come into mid-season form, but personally I'm not 100% confident in him anymore.

Also a big shout out to my mens league softball team, Sweeney and O'Connell for getting our first ever team victory this past Friday night. Unfortunately I could not be there as I was on my way to Long Island to see my girlfriend and had to miss the game(see how much I care about you baby?). We are now 1-2 and on our way to a winning streak... I can feel it...

and finally check out this song by my buddy. He has been a friend of mine since kindergarden and he is doing his best to get his name out there... and how better to do it than throw his single on my blog to all seven of you out there that read it! Check it out and let me know what you think.


Thats it for now, check the blog out again later in the week for EAFL updates, my Star Trek review and hype for the upcoming summer movies (mainly Terminator and Transformers), ESPN's Streak for the Cash, and more sports talk!

Follow me on Twitter!

Questions? Comments? Anything you want me to talk about? AIM me at "i3rian 87"

No comments:

Post a Comment