Friday, May 22, 2009

Quick thoughts

The season finale of 24 on FOX this past week was very satisfying, especially after how bad the finale of the previous season of it was. But as usual this season had it all, explosions, car chases, multiple plot twists, and even the return of a former main character that was supposedly dead. It was interesting, however fairly predictable to see Renee become the by the book girl in the beginning of the season only to have Jacks style of just straight up getting things done become her mind set. Predictable, but still pretty cool. The whole open ended ending where you don't know if Jack will die from the disease or not depending on how it goes when the stem cells are extracted from Kim and inserted into Jack, would have been suspenseful if we didn't already know that 24 was signed on for an eighth season. Oops. The only thing that I didn't like about the ending of this season was how Renee handcuffed up Janeane Garofalo(how did she get casted onto 24... does anybody out there like her in this show?) and went in Jack Bauer style to get the necessessary information from the coach in Remember the Titans whos name is not Denzel Washington. One way or another, I'm looking forward to the next season of the show because Jack Bauer is awesome. Jack Bauer would beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.


Thank God that David Ortiz finally hit a home run this season. Sure he hasn't done that much since that home run on Wednesday, but having the monkey off of his back must be such a great feeling for Papi. And speaking of home runs for the Sox, whats up Varitek? Guy goes from having a terrible season behind the plate to already hitting eight tall jacks this season. Steroids anyone? I sure hope not, but I would not be surprised somewhere down the road. Whatever, they all do it now a days, which is disappointing. But great job Sox, taking care of and sweeping the Blue Jays this week!


Big week for the UFC. They release their most awaited video game ever in UFC Undisputed 2009 and have a pay-per-view event this weekend. I picked up the game this week, opting to buy the PS3 version over the XBox 360 version, in a decision that is trying to make me use the PS3 more because I've had it for close to a year and it is the second game I own for the system. I will write a review in about a week because I need to get more use out of the game to write a good review, but so far it is really fun to play.


Evans knocking out the Huntington Beach Bad Boy

As for the PPV, the two main fights this weekend are Matt Serra vs. Matt Hughes and Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida. I am going to be pulling for Huges and Evans. The Hughes vs. Serra fight should be awesome because these two guys just absolutely hate one another. Unfortunately, Hughes career has seen better days, but in his prime he is a top 10 Light Heavyweight UFC fighter of all time. People like Serra because he was big in the season that he won of The Ultimate Fighter. I still like to think in my mind that he did not win that season and that Shonie Carter won because he was the reason that that season was awesome. The Evans vs. Machida fight should be interesting. Anytime you have a challenger that has an undefeated record it can be pretty exciting. I have never seen Machida fight though, and from what has been written about him says that he is a boring fighter due to his style of Karate. But I am looking forward to this fight because I don't think I've ever seen a guy fighting straight up Karate style in the octagon. And you know that if Evans gets a window he will land a strike for the ages.


Anywho, I hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day Weekend. I know I will. As mentioned, I will be watching the PPV for UFC 98 and will be attending the NCAA College Lacrosse National Championship game on Monday. But amidst all this great sporting events, it is important to remember what this day is all about: Thank you to every single solider who has ever served for the Stars and Stripes. We salute you.



Follow me on Twitter!

Questions? Comments? Agree? Disagree? Do you want YOUR voice heard here? Let me know by sending me an instant message on AIM to "i3rian 87"

No comments:

Post a Comment