Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summer Movies

I rarely get excited for movies. However, I love movies. I'd say at MOST per year I am really excited about 5 movies, especially when the cost of a movie ticket is close to $10 dollars. This summer alone so far, I'm excited for at least 4. Star Trek, X-Men: Wolverine, Transformers 2, and Terminator Salvation. After hearing the reviews for X-Men, I'll wait for the DVD from Netflix. Normally I would not be interested in that movie, but I loved X-Men as a child. I've heard that its just god awful though, so I'll just wait. I've been waiting for Transformers 2 for a while. Transformers 1 was to me a great movie. Sure Shia LaBeouf ruins every movie hes ever in because he is just a terrible actor, but honestly the character he plays, Sam Witwicky, would be butchered by any person who tried to play that role. Also, I realize that it wasn't the best movie ever, however it was just a bad ass Michael Bay movie where things blow up. Like X-Men, I loved Transformers as a child. Bumblebee was my favorite, and I'm not embarrased to admit it. And plus... Megan Fox anyone?!?! Sure I don't expect Transformers 2 to have a great plot and such, but I look for it to be entertaining... and plus, Megan Fox. Terminator Salvation should be great too. Personally, I am not a big fan of Christain Bale in the first place, and I think he is a bad Batman. However, Terminator 1 is such a great movie, and the sequels got worse and worse, however they were not terrible. But this is what we wanted to see: The war... and now its here. Tack on the fact that special effects now a days are absolutely insane and that should be factored into why this will likely be the best movie of the summer. I cannot wait for it. On a different wave length, I took an interest into the movie Star Trek. I have zero interest in the television show, and pretty much zero interest about anything that has to do with all things Star Trek in the first place, however the movie looked bad ass, and quite frankly, it was.

I saw Star Trek last weekend with my beautiful girlfriend. Sure that may seem odd, however she actually is a Star Trek fan, based off of the fact that her dad was a big fan of the series and it was just something that dended to be watched in her house. She isn't die hard, however she enjoys it. So anyways, I went into the movie without knowing anything about Star Trek except the gang sign that all the Trekkies throw up at one another. The movie did a good job catering to the fan and to the non-fan of the series. I thought the movie was very well done and very well put together, and most importantly it was not hard to follow. Sure as the movie progressed I had a few minor questions but after all was said and done everything was answered. I knew that the Star Trek world is pretty elaborate and honestly expected the movie to be a bit more elaborate that it was, and so I tried to focus pretty hard on details like the names, the planets, the species, and some other stuff, however honestly you don't have to which is really nice. After exiting the theater, I was talking with my girlfriend about how she liked it and she felt the same way. She loved the movie, and she said that the movie was full of a bunch of nostalgic quotes and symbolism that would go over the head of a non-fan like myself, but make a fan smile from ear to ear. This movie was very good, and I give it a 4 out of 5.

Stay tuned throughout the summer for my reviews on Transformers 2, Terminator Salvation, and probably more like Angels and Demons(the girlfriend really wants to see that one).

-------------------------

On a side note, WAY TO GO BOSTON. Another day where the Celtics, Bruins and Red Sox all play, another day where they all win. The biggest win of them by far being the B's as they were able to escape elimination against Carolina last night, followed by the big come from behind win by the C's to take control of the series and lead 3-2. Also any win on the West Coast for the Sox is a big win, they tend to play pretty poorly in the pacific time zone. Lets keep up the good work, gentlemen.

-------------------------

Follow me on Twitter!

Comments? Questions? Something you want to see me write about? Disagree with something I said? Let me know! Send me an IM through AIM at "i3rian 87"

and last but not least...WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment